Cheating - Men vs. Women


Yesterday I posted on the women who cheat and the reasons behind it. If you missed it, check it out here
That spurred some great comments and discussion from both the women and the men folk that check in here at Random Girl.
One of the comments that was made by Jewels brought up another dynamic of the cheating scenario that got me thinking. She commented: I have been the woman that men cheat with but I think men's reasons and women's reasons are VERY different.


The segment I referenced yesterday listed 5 main reasons why women cheat. 
They were as follows:
1) Seeking revenge
2) They want to get caught (Exit Affair)
3) They feel lonely
4) They want to relive  their past
5)  They have a near death experience



So are men's reasons the same? I would think similar yet different but since I am a female it is total speculation on my part. Here is my theory on that. 


Random Girl's Speculative Top 5 reasons Men Cheat:
1) The opportunity presents itself.
2) Validation that he is still attractive/sexy/sought after
3) Unsatisfied with amount of sex at home
4) Because he thinks he can get away with it
5) Competitive nature 


A guy friend of mine once told me, it's not a matter of if he will cheat, it's a matter of when the opportunity will present itself. That was not something I wanted to hear as fairly recently-wed woman. 
I think most guys cheat because they need the validation. They need to know that they are still sought after, can still compete for and win the girl, and can still please a new partner. Am I close here at all guys? Set me straight. 


Guys, why did you do it or under what circumstances could you be motivated to do it? Could/can your woman do anything to prevent it?
Ladies, have you been cheated on? Did he give you a reason or do you have theory on why it happened?  Share kids! 





Category: , , 0 comments