CNN FACES OF FAITH

Here it is:



I had a haircut the day before. I'm wearing a Godzilla T-shirt under my robes. Anyone who knows how Buddhist robes are supposed to be worn could see I'm wearing them all wrong. Also I don't, in fact, work for the company behind the Godzilla films. I work for the company founded by the guy who did the special effects for the classic Godzilla movies of the 50s and 60s. But the company I work for doesn't actually do the Godzilla films. No biggie. Even in Japan people make the same mistake and I probably wasn't clear enough with the guy who did the pre-interview. I'm really impressed that's the only thing they got wrong. Kinda restores my faith in TV news.

Big thanks to the guy at CNN I talked to for about 12 seconds who read my books and got me on the show. Write me some time. I was too nervous to remember your name and that's a shame.

I was surprised and glad they asked about my supposed "obscene speech" or whatever all those people who have nothing better of their own to say always carp about me doing. Truly I would never have bothered with Buddhism had the first Buddhist teacher I met been reluctant to say "fuck" or to call certain Buddhist teachers dildoes.

It takes all kinds, as they say.
Category: 0 comments