FINLAND, FINLAND, FINLAND and England and Canada and A BETTER WORLD

THIS JUST IN! To see me on the cable TV show A Better World TV tune in tomorrow on-Line or in Manhattan watch it on Ch. 57 (RCN: 84). The show I'm on will be webcast Tuesday July 21, 2009 at 10:30 PM at http://abetterworld.net/tv.htm for if you're in Manhattan and have cable check it out on channel 57/84. This was a fun show. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I taped it in March so I've pretty much forgotten what I said.

I have extensively updated my 2009 Tour Page. It now includes more info on the Finland tour. For even greater detail you can check out the Dogen Sangha Finland page. This also includes the incredibly exciting news that my movie Cleveland's Screaming! will be screened at the Espoo Cine International Film Festival on Wednesday August 26, 2009 at 9 pm. Be there or be an iceberg!

Also note that I have added dates in England Town (or try this link). I will be in Durham on Sept. 11, London Sept. 12 and Bristol Sept. 14. The exact locations have yet to be determined. I'll post them as soon as I know. I am shopping for a bowler hat and umbrella now.

Also notice that I'm trying to set up a Northwest Tour in November. I have tentative bookings in Victoria and Vancouver, BC that month. So I'm trying to set up gigs in Seattle, Portland or elsewhere in the area. A few months ago there were a bunch of people begging me to come to those cities. But since I got word on the Victoria and Vancouver thing and e-mailed those people they all ran away and hid like scared bunnies. They were so enthusiastic before, too. What gives?

If you got some info please write me at spoozilla@gmail.com

I need to make a permanent webpage about this. But for now here's a bit of info on what it takes if you want me to come speak in your city. In no particular order:

• I don't have a manager, booking agency or other intermediary to set this stuff up. I wish I did. But I don't. I also don't have an entourage or roadies or any real organization behind me to speak of.
• I don't have a set fee, but I can no longer afford to do this stuff for free like I used to. We can talk...
• I need transportation, meals and lodging covered for sure. I cannot do anything at all without at least this much.
• Signings at bookstores are fun and nice. But they never pay! So it's never going to be enough just to have one of those.
• Bookstores also don't allow me to sell my own copies of my books. I can make a lot more money selling my own copies.
• If I get a paying gig somewhere I can tag on non-paying gigs in the same city. That's how I usually operate.
• Universities tend to be best because they pay actual money.

Those are the major issues involved. If you think you can solve any or all of them, then I will be happy to come speak in your town.

Category: 0 comments