Do you masturbate?

I had a recent experience during a Sex Positive panel sponsored by The Mills Women's Health Resource Center. An audience member asked the panel,  "Do you have tips for becoming more sex positive?"  I spoke up and enthusiastically said "Masturbate!".  The laughter and applause that followed my response pretty much signaled the end of that question and we moved on to the next. But it kept bugging me afterward, I wished I had elaborated.  Because I was serious! 

I want to elaborate on the topic of  masturbation and how amazing it can be now. With a project I'm calling  "I masturbate..."

In celebration of National Masturbation Month (this May) I will post a daily photo of someone masturbating, along with some text from them that completes the statement "I masturbate...", something along the lines of why they masturbate or what is the best thing about masturbation, etc.  The idea is to create a sex-positive celebration of masturbation for the entire month of May.

I need a minimum of 31 people for this – and I’ll need to shoot most of them in March and April in order to meet this audacious goal. The images I take, though obviously sexual in nature will not necessarily be explicit – it will probably vary based on what each person does, each person’s individual vibe (pun intended) and energy.
 
Charlie Glickman was awesome enough to announce this on the Good Vibrations blog.  Huge thanks for that!


If you are local to the bay area and interested in being a part of this project please contact me!  And please spread the word. Time is of the essence!