Size Positive = Sex Positive: Our bodies are how we connect with others

Copyright 2011 Shilo McCabe

I love my body. Sometimes I don't like it--sometimes I'm frustrated by the way it doesn't fit comfortably into theater seats or the clothes I want to wear, and how fragile and easily damaged it can be despite its sturdy appearance--but I do love it. I worship it, even, as I worship all bodies.

I'm not a spiritual person at all; it's the physical, the corporeal that I find sacred and holy. Our bodies are our interface to the world around us, and our physical experience of the world is what shapes the very way we speak and think. Our bodies are how we connect with others: our lips speak and share, our hands touch and create, and our feet carry us to the places where others are. Our bodies are all we have and the source of all we are, no matter what they look like, and I find that so beautiful that I can't help but love my own. - Rhiannon