The Dead Travel Fast

In a small world moment, I discovered Eric Nuzum's book, "The Dead Travel Fast." Eric found my blog from the "Crack is Whack" episode and wrote me an email to tell me that I went to the same high school as his wife back in Nappanee, Indiana. He generously sent me a copy of his book, which I just finished reading.

The book is an interesting ride around the world as Eric chronicles the history and current fascination with vampires. Eric drinks his own blood, meets some current day vampires in a suburban chain restaurant, takes the Dracula tour in Romania, visits the England town where Bram Stroker wrote Dracula, watches nearly every vampire film ever made, and so much more. Eric's writing style had me feeling like I was on each of his little adventures. It is not an academic book, it is more sarcastic and fun than a serious study of vampires, and I found it quite enjoyable. I especially loved peoples' reactions to the book when they saw me reading it on airplanes and trains.

On a somewhat related note, Marcia thought I could use a new coach in my house when it is finished and sent me a link to Coffin Couches.

I am not sure it is my style, but if you would like one for your home, click here.
Category: 0 comments