Launching a Business

After I "retired" from the Advisory Board Company in 2005, I started a consulting business that focuses on developing new revenue streams for companies, whether it be new product development, enhanced marketing, increasing sales, or improving customer service. My expertise is focused on understanding what the market wants, and then developing and positioning the product in the most compelling manner.

My latest effort has been with David Bradley's new venture, Potomac Research Group, which translates Washington policy for Wall Street. Working on the launch of Potomac Research has been intellectually challenging for me, since I know very little about the investment community. But after conducting 25 visits on Wall Street with very progressive hedge funds and investment banks, I got a crash course on what they find valuable and what they want from a Washington Policy firm.

A couple of articles recently hit the Washington Post, that discuss the launch of this new business. One focuses on David Bradley, the owner of Potomac Research, the other on Teddy Downey, the senior analyst that I have been working closely on positioning and selling Potomac Research.


"Selling In-Depth Research on Federal Doings"



"Value Added: Taking Advantage of Opportunities"
Category: 0 comments