Painting Ptown

I am up in Ptown, visiting Ralph and Luis. Ralph and I are taking a painting class in the mornings, and our first class started today. Since it looked like it might rain, we painted a still life instead of a landscape. The instructor, like all creative people, is a little "touched" and hard to follow, but I think it will be a good class.

After 2 hours of painting, the instructor walked around and critiqued everyone's paintings. He was seeing colors that I was just not seeing, so I held firm to what I was seeing. I don't think he liked that very much, but I don't think art is about painting what other people see.

This is my final product, and for my first ever oil painting, I am pretty happy with it. The instructor would like to see more differentiation in the colors, assigning more light and dark shades for shadows and light. Hopefully we will have sun tomorrow so I can see the contrast colors more clearly.
Category: 0 comments