Sex and the City

This trip to NYC left me with the impression that woman are certainly embracing the Sex and the City mentality. I was struck with how many mothers and daughters were walking around in high heels and hip, trendy dresses, drunk off their asses, acting like they were the shit.

I caught an example of this in the elevator of my hotel. A mother and daughter, about 1:00 am, stumble into the elevator, giggling with glasses of wine in their hands.

When the door opens, the daughter says, "Ma, this is our floor. Be careful, don't spill your wine." They get out of the elevator and the daughter goes one way, the mother the other.

This is the moment the mother realized she was going the wrong way. When she stopped to turn around, she almost toppled over, which was what I was hoping would happen.
Category: 0 comments