WELCOME TO MY LIFE TATTOO (that's a reference to The Who, in case you don't know)

I once saw an interview in which Gene Simmons was bragging that KISS was cooler than any other band because people tattooed the KISS members' faces and the KISS logo on themselves. "When you're in the KISS ARMY," he said, "you're in for life!"

Well here you go Gene Simmons! IN YOUR FACE!! Check out this tattoo from Jorren, who came to my book signing at The Regulator bookstore in Durham, North Carolina on Monday! When you're in the Hardcore Zen Army, you're in for life! Is this the Number of the Beast? Will we all one day be required to have Johnny Crap's drawing for the cover off Sit Down And Shut Up tattooed on ourselves lest we be cast out of the Antichrist's dominion? Who knows? But I think it's very cool.

The talk at the Regulator was groovey. Many good questions were asked. I was nervous as hell because two friends of mine from high school were there. I received Southern hospitality far beyond the call of duty from the most wonderful Lori and Catie who invited me to their pad around the corner to watch the UNC game. Don't tell anyone in Detroit that I was watching it. But if someone asks, I was strictly non-partisan. I'm not a big basketball fan. Most sports sort of confuse me. I think sports are great. They just confuse me.

The talk last night at Chapel Hill Zen Center was totally different. Man, they have a most impressive set up. The closest to a traditional training temple I've seen outside of SFZC or some of the places in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Josho runs a tight ship there! I love the place! I always feel a bit out of sorts in temples like that because I came from a tradition that is so loose about forms. But I have mighty respect for traditions that are strict with them.

I really have to go write a new Suicide Girls article like RIGHT NOW. So I'll sign off here. Next stop is Nashville. Details are on the link to your right. There's a retreat and a book signing. Be there! Then on to the great state of Text Us!
Category: 0 comments