Why Sex Positive?

Copyright Shilo McCabe 2010
I describe myself as sex-positive because I deeply feel that sex and sexuality can be a positive element of life. I also think that Sex-Negativity is harmful to people.  I think that a culture of sex negativity is a driving force behind sexism, homophobia and a few other -isms, to be sure.  No to mention I think it is a core component of patriarchy.

I am the first one to admit that this photo project is not going to be "objective".  I am a member of the community that I am documenting. Why the Sex Positive Photo Project?  This is my way of  showing you my perspective into sex positivity, circa San Francisco 2010... It's my way to connect, celebrate, educate, communicate.


***

Charlie Glickman has an excellent article about the language of Sex Positivity over at his blog. It provides a great foundation for discussion on this topic.
Category: 0 comments