30 Days of Shamelessness - Only 30??

As I was attempting to catch up with all of you lovely kid's posting this morning,  I ran across the 30 Days of Shamelessness meme from Jen O's site. It sounds like this is really something I almost have to do. So I am. And it seems a few others are playing along as well (Lance, Tara, Chibi Jeebs) and I'm looking forward to everyone living shamelessly for a while... should be good times.


The days of the challenge are as follows:

  1. declare your love for an uncool TV show.

  2. look a fool.

  3. eat. Whatever you feel like eating.

  4. waste time.

  5. declare your love for an uncool movie.

  6. act “girly” or “manly” in a way you’d normally avoid.

  7. share your efforts at something you don’t think you do well.

  8. sweat.

  9. expose something messy or dirty you’d usually hide.

  10. declare your love for an uncool band.

  11. dress to show some skin.

  12. share about a health struggle.

  13. speak up about something crap that was done to you.

  14. hold yourself accountable — not guilty — for something crappy you did to someone else.

  15. dress, walk, and act like you know you’re all that.

  16. spend money on a non-necessity or share a financial struggle.

  17. discuss the reality of your work situation.

  18. brag.

  19. share details about a bodily function or fluid.

  20. talk about sex

  21. express a strong feeling.

  22. set a boundary.

  23. air one of your secrets.

  24. share a struggle you have yet to “just get over.”

  25. ask for help.

  26. make a mistake.

  27. express a dissenting opinion.

  28. discuss a failure.

  29. look a fool.

  30. name 3 more ways you can live shamelessly and commit to doing them…



I won't be doing 30 consecutive days of postings because I'm just not that hardcore and I don't really like to follow rules so well but I will be covering all 30 at some point and I am also changing the rules to let me throw more than one into a single post if applicable. I like to make the rules myself. See how that works? I have said in more than 1 post "No shame in my game!" and now I get to make good on it by throwing it all out there for you kids.

Anyone else want to join me in the fun? Let me know in the comments if you think you might so I can follow along.

I might as well just get this whole shameless thing started. I will be traditional enough to start with #1.
1. declare your love for an uncool TV show

I can't possibly narrow it down to 1 uncool TV show so I am going to call out an entire network: Food Network. Whether it is Cupcake Wars, or Diners, Drive Ins, & Dives, I am totally and completely sucked in to anything that the Food Network broadcasts. I can watch it literally for hours. I know how almost every food product is made, I know how Ben & Jerry's picks it's flavors, I even know how neurotic most pastry chef's are even when there is no reason to be. I have seen sculptures made of sugar come crashing to the ground in the competition shows and I have seen want-to-be chef's cry from being kicked off a reality show. There is nothing better than Food Network in my opinion. And yes, I know it's totally uncool.

Category: , , 0 comments