Another weekend in the City & more Shamelessness

I had the pleasure of spending another overnight in one of my favorite cities with 2 of my life-long best friends. It was truly a blessing to get to spend time with these amazing women, live it up in a swanky hotel suite, and manage at our ripe old age to go full out on a 6 bar crawl of the city's best places to drink, dance, and people watch.

We really should do that more often. I think we will.

One of the highlights of this trip, much like my last trip there a few weeks ago, was another amazing dinner. This will be serving as #3 on my 30 Days of Shamelessness: eat. Whatever you feel like eating.


I totally did. And it was delicious and worth the bazillion calories that came with it. 


We went to a great restaurant/bar/lounge place that had a unique menu and even better atmosphere. The food offerings were kind of "the usual" but most had some sort of delicious twist on traditional American fare. For example, they had french fries that were tossed in truffle oil and made them truly the most richly flavorful fries I have ever had. I stole about 20 of them from my girlfriend's plate as I had opted for another tempting choice: Buffalo Chicken Macaroni & Cheese. 


Yes, it was as awesome as it sounds. Spicy and creamy at the same time and with so much gooey deliciousness, I totally could have had an restaurant booth mouth orgasm at any moment. It was truly just.that.good. 


I don't even want to think about how much fat and how many calories were in that bowl of heaven and really for as delicious as it was, I don't even care. That dish was so good, it was totally worth the damage I'll be working off for the rest of this week. 


Overall, between the friends, the city, and the food.... it was a yummy, decadent, treat of a weekend.