A road trip, a little too much fun, and Blog Boy comes to real life

I trust you all have had the loveliest of weekends. If not, at least be glad for me because I did.
Well, the spending 7 hours driving on Sunday, a large part of that spent sitting on the interstate part sucked but the rest of it was pretty stellar. Allow me to break it down for you, mmmmk?

As I shared on my last "Soft-Core Friday" post, part of this weekend's shenanigans would include a road trip to a fun city, where I would be meeting up with blog boy for the first time. More on that in a minute. Let's just say the man did his homework on me.

This weekend can best be summed up by a  list of my favorite things, so in no particular order:

  • Road trip to one my favorite places to stay with one of my life long friends and a newer friend that I also enjoy being around  and a very large dose of girl talk that was long overdue. 

  • Delicious food: dinner last night was a a Turkish restaurant and included the most amazing steamed mussels in a white wine sauce (that was so good that I literally wanted to lick the plate), the creamiest most delicious hummus I've ever had, and several large glasses of Pinot Grigio. I left there beyond full and almost high off the decadence, OK, maybe I was really just buzzed from all the wine but you get what I'm saying. 

  • More delicious food: As if the the Turkish feast for dinner was not enough, we had a yummy brunch on Sunday morning. That's my favorite thing about that city, so many great brunch places. I indulged in eggs benedict and of course no brunch is complete without a mimosa. It was a lovely way to start my day. 

  • A block party/neighborhood festival that had 3 stages of music, so many cool local artisan booths, and many, many beer tents. 

And last but certainly not least, was meeting up with my aforementioned blog boy. Perhaps he will share his side of the story some time but for now, you get my take on it. 

It really felt to me like we were old friends from the very first face-to-face hello. That was awesome! No weirdness or awkwardness whatsoever. He was with several of his long-time friends and our friend groups got along swimmingly. When met, split up, reconnected, and I even dragged him along with the girls for a while and make him look at jewelry and purses and such and he was a very good sport about it all which earned him major points in my book. 

My girls and I split off again to get something to eat. We were planning on fair food but decided the restaurant was too good to pass up and waited quite a while for a table. After we had been seated, blog buddy found his way back to us and joined us for dinner. It made the whole thing that much better to have him join us and he was hazed by the girls to the best of our ability. It was an entertaining dinner to say the least. 

After way too much food and more than enough wine, we ventured out to the next destination. We missed the  shindig that was planned there for the most part but we did get to hear Jay-Z followed by Ray LaMontagne, followed by Michael Jackson so the music was a win. On to the next stop, a hopping little joint with the loudest people ever. We fit in well. More drinks, more good conversation, and little prelude of mischievous 
hair pulling just to tease me. I told you he did his homework. 

The night wound down and the boys were perfect gentlemen and walked us to the car. The others made small talk while blog boy and I said our goodbyes. It was a nice goodbye, complete with a "shut up and pull my hair' moment that was executed to perfection. 

And that was the end of it. 

I know, you are shocked right? You thought for sure that I would have some hot sexy time story for you. Well, I'm not disappointed.  He had the misfortune of meeting me during "dial it back' summer and I really am sticking to behaving myself to the best of my ability. Sucks to be him, right?? Well, I don't know about that. Maybe I'll ask him..

There's always next time...

Oh and in a very important side note, my darling Jewels has moved.... she's no longer Jewels Turning 30 on Blogger but you can now find her HERE. Make sure you follow her new site!