Chicago is My Kind of Town

I checked into the W Chicago Lakeshore yesterday for a work trip, and was met with this view of the Lake Michigan from my hotel room. I love Chicago, and if it was not for the bitter winters, I could see myself living there.

Later that night, I went to see the musical, "Wicked" at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts. There is something magical about old theaters, and the Ford Center does not disappoint.



As for Wicked, it was better than I thought it would be. The sets, choreography, special effects, and staging help make up for a weak book and score. As for the audience, I wanted to slap them around because several of them were talking, coughing, and eating candy loudly. Is it not possible for people to be respectful of live performances anymore?

As I left the theater, I saw a bunch of people standing around a block away so I walked over to check it out. Mind you, it was 10 pm and about 5 degrees, so I thought it had to be something good. I was so wrong. What would possess people to stand in the bitter cold to watch a local news broadcast. I just don't get it.
Category: 0 comments