Honk if You Love Jesus

When I was growing up in Wakarusa, I attended the Wakarusa Missionary Church. One of the church members owned a trucking company called, "PTL Trucking." PTL of course stood for "Praise the Lord" and the company logo was a picture of two hands folded in prayer. During church services he would often stand to talk about how he was spreading the word of God across the country and how other truckers would come up to him at truck stops to ask him about Jesus. If I remember correctly, I think he ended up going bankrupt, losing his trucking business and his farm. I also think he cheated on his wife with a married woman. Another example of a religious hypocrite from my home town.

Anyway, when I was driving from Memphis to Mississippi, the semi pictured above nearly ran me off the road when he moved into my lane. I got up right behind him to see if there was a "How am I Driving" number to call, and saw the graphic on the top left. It details the two paths in life, the narrow road to Jesus on the left and the wide road to "pleasure and greed" on the right. I have been on both "roads" in my life and feel there is not a big difference between the two, except one has a lot of rules and an imaginary friend to take along on your journey. I just wish God-fearing Christians wouldn't try so hard to get others to walk that road when they can't even stay on it themselves.
Category: 0 comments