Update on My House Project

When the construction crew were taking down the walls in my kitchen, they were surprised to find the only thing separating my kitchen and my neighbor Ethel's kitchen were these wooden slats and a thin layer of plaster. They accidentally poked a hole in the plaster so now you can see Ethel working away in her kitchen. Sorry Ethel.

When they ripped up the kitchen floor to rerun the gas and plumbing, they were shocked to find that the joists for the floor were supported by a pile of bricks and 2x4s. You can see one of the 2x4s in the upper right, it is not even touching the ground. Needless to say, we will now be pouring concrete and putting in new joists.

A new addition to the plans was to widen the opening (sounds dirty) to my deck to put in French doors. I am also now knocking down the wall between the stairs and the entrance to this room that leads to the deck. The new deck will be a room to itself with walls and a roof that lets sunlight come in, yet provides more privacy.

My master suite on the 3rd floor is the furthest along. This is a picture of my bathroom, with the shower in the back next to the vanity. The drawers in front will have mirror on top where I can give myself the once over after walking out of my closet to the right. I can not wait until its done!
Category: 0 comments