TOUR PAGE UPDATES and GOODBYE ALEX CHILTON

I've updated the page about my tour. The address I originally had for the Brooklyn Zen Center was incorrect. So don't go where I said before because they've moved!

Also, I got more complete info on my talk at Baltimore Zen Center and that's up there as well. Go read it for yourself. What am I? Your mommy?

Sitting here at the Austin Zen Center waiting to see if someone is picking me up to go to the retreat today. So far it's 9:30 am. The retreat starts at noon. And I haven't heard a word yet about how I'm supposed to get out there.

So maybe I'll just hang out and see some more of SXSW. Apparently Cheetah Chrome is playing tonight, so if they don't call I'll just go see that.

I am supremely bummed that Alex Chilton just died. I love Big Star a whole bunch, and just got that massive boxed set Rhino put out of their stuff. I listened to the whole gosh darned thing as I drove across country the week before last. Not a single bad track on any of the four CDs. Chilton was also very briefly a label-mate of mine when he put out an EP on Midnight Records in the mid-80s. I'm really broke up about this one.
Category: 0 comments