Momma Eby Update

I spoke with my father yesterday and he told me that my mom would be coming home from Miller's Merry Manor next Friday. My mom has been walking around the nursing home with the help of a "rollator", which is the walker pictured above with a seat, basket, and hand brakes. My dad went to the store and purchased a rollator for my mom to use at home. He walked around the house with it to ensure she could get into the doorways and rooms when she gets home. Apparently, my mom expressed some concern that she would be alone in the house when my dad is at work so they checked on getting a nurse. When the $15 an hour for the nurse was more than my dad makes, the idea ended quickly. The nursing home suggested a "Life Alert" system, you know the "Help! I've fallen and I can't get up" thing. I don't think I could take that, so I suggested she just keep the wireless phone in her rollator basket.