Return to Brokeback Mountain

I dropped Dan off at the airport for his flight to Montana last week. He was joining his boyfriend, Chuck, to stay at a ranch and rustle up some cattle. I told him that I thought the cowboys at the ranch would nickname him "Gucci" because of his bag, and that I hoped the name of his horse would be "Sparkle Princess." Although neither of those things actually happened, the following email from Dan detailing his first day was even better.
Monday, August 27th

Dear Diary,

What a day! When we rode out to the old homestead, we didn't realize until it was too late that we had stumbled onto a scary nest. Before you knew it, my horse, Snickers, got stung and bolted up the hill. I clung to him for dear life, and didn't stop screaming until we reached the ranch!

: )

Hi boys! I get one quick email as we ride into town. No cell service at the ranch.
Category: 0 comments