Lisa Replogle Lengacher (1968-2008)

I was stunned and saddened to discover that a girl I dated briefly in high school was found dead in her home on Monday. Apparently, Lisa was having a migraine headache and decided to lie down in her bed to sleep it away. When her daughter came home from high school, she was unable to wake Lisa. It sounds like an aneurysm, but cause of death at this time is listed as "natural causes."

Lisa always reminded me of a cuter version of Shirley (Cindy Williams) from Laverne & Shirley. Lisa was the sweetest, most caring, and loving person I have ever met. She was friends with everyone and I never heard her talk badly about anyone. She was always smiling, always, and made everyone feel special.

We dated my senior year in high school. She was a cheerleader, I played football and was a cheerleader lifter during basketball. We were both in Dawning Generation, the high school show choir, and drama club together. I don't remember exactly when we dated or for how long. I know we dated over Christmas, because I have a vivid memory of opening my gift from Lisa and finding a sweatshirt with two penguins holding hands in front of a huge heart. I started to laugh and when I looked up, Lisa was wearing a matching sweatshirt. I looked at her, and said, "I'm sorry, I will never wear this." She responded, "My mother warned me you would say that. That is ok, I can take it back." I broke up with her shortly after, not because of the sweatshirt, but because I knew that she was just too nice and sweet for me.

Although I have not seen or spoken to Lisa in several years, I have several vivid memories of our friendship, our brief dating experience, and how everyone loved her. I hope that her husband Jeff, and their two daughters, Chelsea and Cassie are coping with this tragedy well. She will be missed.
Category: 0 comments