Of Montreal

Rich, Lori, Tom and I went to see Of Montreal at the 930 Club. The opening act was Love is All, a punkish pop band from Sweden. I liked most of their music, but especially "Wishing Well" and "Busy Doing Nothing," which you can hear on their MySpace page. All of the girls in the audience were going crazy over the drummer who looked 12 and weighed about 100 pounds. Not sure I understood that at all.

Then came Of Montreal. I knew nothing about them coming into the concert, except that I really liked their song, "Gronlandic Edit" from the album, "Hissing Fauna, Are You The Destroyer?" Listen and watch the video for Gronlandic Edit below:



So I was not expecting to see the amount of theatrics that I witnessed from Of Montreal's straight (I know, I know) lead singer, Kevin Barnes. He had dozens of costume changes, the crew had dozens of set changes, and the backup actors/dancers added to the spectacle.

I thought the whole concert was excellent. NPR was on hand to record the concert and you can click here to listen. I was going to write more about the experience, but I thought the Sterogum.com review that Rich forwarded to me pretty much says it all. Also, they have much better photos, like the two above.
Category: 0 comments