My Thoughts on Sarah Palin

I was trying to get my thoughts together on how I feel about Sarah Palin, when I saw this picture of the suit she was wearing in Dayton, Ohio when McCain announced her as his VP choice. This image of her being an "empty suit" or a hanger for stylish clothes, shoes, and glasses is exactly the way I feel about her.

I can not wait to see the VP debate on Thursday night, because I have a feeling that she will do better than most think. Having watched clips from her debate tapes in Alaska, she comes across as engaged, charming, friendly, knowledgeable about the issues, and a real fighter and reformer. I like Joe Biden because he is smart, but I fear he may come across as out of touch or ramble on or make some mistakes.

Don't get me wrong, I am not voting for McCain/Palin. I still think it was a brilliant move selecting her, (bigger crowds, pulling in white women, energizing conservatives, and fund raising) but she has not shown me yet that she is qualified to be President of the United States. My biggest concern is that she is unable to communicate effectively when not prepared (or perhaps over-prepared). She does really well when she is reading from a teleprompter, but not when she is asked basic questions by members of the press. In my opinion, the President should never say, "I will get back to you on that."







Category: 0 comments