Potter Mania

Dan, Kevin, and I went to Rehoboth Beach for the weekend. After arriving and drinking several fresh-squeezed peach juices with a touch of rum, we decided to go with Dan to the bookstore so he could secure the new Harry Potter book. I was not prepared for the mass chaos that was waiting for us in the bookstore at midnight.

There were hundreds of parents, children, and other Harry Potter fans in long lines for the three cash registers. Many were dressed up as the characters in the books, and having not read any of the books or seen any of the movies, I only recognized the Harry Potters.

Given that, I am not sure who these girls were trying to be. But they were the first in line and when the owner of the bookstore was on the phone with the official countdown to 12:01 am, they started jumping up and down with excitement. It was like being at a rock concert.

Given the long lines, Kevin and I decided to go to the Blue Moon for some cocktails, where we saw and spoke to this guy because I recognized him from QVC and Dan got in line to get his book. He left after 20 minutes because the line wasn't moving and bought the book in the morning and read it all weekend.