Shamrock Restaurant

On the way home from Gettysburg, we stopped at the Shamrock Restaurant for late lunch/early dinner. I knew the place was going to be kitschy, but I was not prepared for all of this.

Our table was right next to the fireplace, so I took this picture of Corey standing in front of the patriotic art. Every nook and cranny in the place was decorated with something in honor of God, Country, or Booze.

On every table in the restaurant, they had a reprint from American Trucker Magazine that detailed how the US Flag was created and what it symbolizes. My favorite part was when they misspelled "stripes" as "strips".

When I looked out the window, it felt like I was back home on the farm in Wakarusa, minus the mountains in the background. Then when my crab cakes arrived, it reminded me of why I love the East Coast. More interesting history, better views, and much better food.
Category: 0 comments