Letter to My Deepest Darkest Fear - Red Writing Hood Friday Link Up

The Friday link up at Red Writing Hood was an awesome one! They gave two options to pick from but there was no debating for me, I had to go with this one. 


The first one can be written as non-fiction from your point of view or fiction from your character's point of view. It is to "write a formal complaint letter to your deepest, darkest fear"


How awesome is that idea?!? I love it! 


Here is my letter to my deepest darkest fear. 


4/22/11

To My Fear of Losing My Daughter:

This letter is in regards to your constant presence in the back of mind despite my continued requests for you to vacate the premises immediately.

You have not obtained the proper permissions to reside in my thoughts yet from the day that I found out I was pregnant, you have made yourself at home and I find your constant presence unsettling and most unwanted. Your attempts to create worry and fear of loss have robbed me of moments of joy and have taken up valuable space where memories of smiles and giggles should be stored.

I have tried to be reasonable towards your occupancy but I can no longer tolerate your intrusive, unwarranted attacks on my happy thoughts and loving moments. You constantly tell me that I can’t protect her, I can’t be by her side every moment of every day, and that accidents happen. You yell that I can’t control the situation and that if someone wants to hurt her or take her from me, I am too weak to prevent it. You take great satisfaction in knowing the worry and fear that you create for me.

If am to truly enjoy each moment that I have with her and to live with love and happiness, I must demand  your immediate removal from the premises. If you choose to disregard this demand, I will be forced to firebomb your dwelling with obscene amounts of faith, happiness, and joy.

This will be your one and only notice.

Sincerely,

You fucking know who I am