ONTO SANTA CRUZ

Listen up, Santa Cruz! You guys gotta turn out en masse tonight June, 14th at Gateways Books at 7 PM. The gig at the Virgin Megastore Tuesday was fun. But it was hardly the Hitler-at-Nuremberg type crowds a MASTER of my IMMENSITY should be commanding. Don't you people realize that I am the 49th PATRIARCH OF ZEN??????

FOOLS! THEY SHALL RUE THE DAY THEY FAILED TO RECOGNIZE MY GREATNESS!!!!!!!!

Whatever. I had fun on Tuesday. The people who did show up were all very cool and very interested, so that more than made up for the lack of biggness of the event. By the way, there actually was a certain fellow who used to promote himself as the 49th Patriarch of Zen. Turns out he had the same credentials as a whole lot of Zen teachers these days. And if you interpret them in a particular way you could call yourself the 49th (or whatever number) patriarch. So could I. But I don't. That was a joke. OK?

I've never been to Santa Cruz, so I'm looking forward to the trip. Yesterday I had a really good interview with Michael Sammet of KZSC radio down there. His show's called "Talk About." And he actually did talk about my book. In fact, all the interviews I've done up here have been really good. I did three of 'em yesterday! A record for me. The first was with Gary Gach of a website called buddhistchannel.tv. Don't know when that goes up. But I'll try & find out. Then I did one with Anthony Wright. That was for a Marin County radio station. It'll also be a Podcast. Once I get the details on where you can download it, I'll post them here.

Plus I'm doing scads of "real job" type work, which is too boring to detail here. Busy, busy, busy....

Check the posting below this one for info on the rest of Northern California Tour 2007.
Category: 0 comments