SAN FRANCISCO VIRGIN MEGASTORE TONIGHT AT 6

I still can't see this page or the comments. But I can edit and post articles. Weird. From what I've gathered this is a mysterious problem affecting certain users in Los Angeles. Until it's fixed, I'll just be posting blindly like now.

At any rate, if you're in San Francisco BE AT THE VIRGIN MEGASTORE TONIGHT!!!! This is an ORDER. You are compelled to OBEY ME!!!

I've never done a gig at a record store before and I'm really wondering how this will go. I know my publishers pushed hard for this one and if I don't get a good turn out everybody's gonna be mucho disappointed. My friends in SF keep telling me I have a following up there. So all of you must show up to this one. It's really important. I want people to show up for the other stuff too, of course. But Virgin is the most "commercial and heavy" (to quote Neil from The Young Ones) of the gigs up North, so they're the ones who are gonna be most pissed off if nobody shows up. Though you folks in Santa Cruz and Petaluma are also ordered to come to the gigs there.

I'm planning to do a pretty generalized punk-rock-Godzilla-and-Zen talk at Virgin, while at the San Francisco Zen Center I'm going to go into more depth about Dogen and his philosophy. As always I encourage people to come up and corner me after the talk with questions and invitations to cool places. I'm not much of a party animal. But I don't know too many people in SF. So if you know the cool record stores and stuff in town and feel like showing 'em to me I'm always most obliged. Same goes for Santa Cruz and Petaluma.

Here's the list of where I'll be again:

Tuesday June 12th at 6PM at the VIRGIN MEGASTORE in San Francisco
Thursday June 14th, 7PM at GATEWAYS in Santa Cruz
Friday June 15th After Dinner Talk at the SAN FRANCISCO ZEN CENTER Talk at 7:30 PM, Dinner at 6:30 PM (Zazen from 5:30PM)
Saturday June 16th 7 PM at COPPERFIELD'S BOOKS 140 Kentucky St., Petaluma, CA 94952
Sunday June 17th at San Quentin Prison (this isn't open to the public, but all inmates reading this are invited!)
Category: 0 comments