My Sweet Family

I received the following birthday card from my niece, Becca, who is 11. She loves animals so when I saw the card, I thought, "How sweet, a dog." Then I noticed how old the dog looked. I opened the card and it said,

...DEAD.
Uncle Kieth,
280 years old (I did the math) you are ollllllld! :-) Happy 40th.
Love,
Becca


Then I received the following birthday card from my niece, Carmen. It says:
Happy 40th and cheer up! In time you'll learn to love being 40...
...like in ten years when you're turning 50!
Love,
Carmen


Then from my brother Kevin and his wife, Jackie (which means from Jackie), I received the following card:

Do you recall your younger days before the Internet, when MP3s and DVDs were not invented yet?

Pac-Man, Pong, and Donkey Kong were games you liked to play. "Who shot J.R.?" and "Where's the beef?" were questions of the day?

Cordless phones the size of bricks helped some communicate. Actresses with fitness tapes helped chunky folks lose weight.

Designer jeans and mullets were considered cool and sporty. If you remember all these things...

You must be turning 40!

Love,
Kevin & Jackie
Category: 0 comments