Corked

Cork Restaurant and Wine Bar is opening in my neighborhood on January 29th (soft opening on January 26th, shhhhh, don't tell anyone). Cork has about 20 wines by the glass and 100 bottles from small producers around the world. They also offer flights of wine that explore different regions and varietals, and suggestions for pairing the wines with offerings of small plates and plates to share made with locally grown produce.

Cork had a sneak preview tonight and I went with Marc to check it out. I am not easily impressed, but was with Cork. They did a nice job with the renovation of the former Sparky's Coffee Shop at 1720 14th Street, NW and the staff is friendly, competent, and customer service focused. I think Cork is going to be very successful, and not just because my friend Daren is working there.