WE'LL BE OUT THERE HAVING FUN IN THE WARM SHAMBHALA SUN!

As some folks already pointed out, I got an article in the latest ish of Shambhala Sun. It's the March, 2008 issue. You'll recognize it because it's the issue of Shambhala Sun with the Dalai Lama on the cover. Oh wait, the Dalai Lama is on the cover of every issue of Shambhala Sun. So it's the Buddhist mag that has the picture of the Dalai Lama on the cover. No, that won't work, they all have the Dalia Lama on the cover of every single issue. OK. It's the mag on the stands at your local new age book store with the Dalai Lama on the cover. No, that won't do either....

Just look on page 32 or 33 of every mag with the Dalai Lama on it and see if there's an article by me there with a picture of the Dalai Lama accompanying it.

Actually, it's a picture of Nansen slicing up a kitty cat. I guess they ran out of photos of Mr. Lama. Or they didn't have one of him knifing a kitten.

I got a few upcoming gigs. So those of you who write me saying it's distasteful that I plug my speaking gigs and retreats here, please avert your eyes:

February 29 - March 2 Retreat at the Atlanta Soto Zen Center. I don't have contact info yet. So just check the webpage & see who it says to contact for info.

April 25 - 27 Retreat at Southern Dharma Retreat Center in North Carolina. Again, I don't have contact info, so check the website.

May 4th 0DFX gig at Kent State University (May 4th, 1970 was the day four students were shot by the National Guard at Kent State, the event immortalized in Neil Young's song "Ohio")

The annual Dogen Sangha Zen Retreat will be held in Shizuoka, Japan in early September and I'm planning to be there as well.
Category: 0 comments