Hanging By A Moment - Indie Ink Weekly Challenge

Despite my warning to not expect anything from me blog-wise this week as I am already mentally on my Vegas vacation, I already committed to the Indie Ink weekly challenge so you will get a little bit of writing out of me this week after all. Lucky kids! 


The challenge I received from Disease at http://chamindra.blogspot.com/ is listed after my entry. Hope you enjoy. 



Hanging By A Moment

It is our last night together.  Tomorrow morning he will be gone.

We don’t talk much. There really aren’t the right words to be found in this situation. It just hangs in the air between us, but we refuse to acknowledge it.

We spend a lot of time just looking at each other, trying to memorize the features that we have grown to love in one another in the short time that we have been in each other’s lives. For me, it’s his eyes that I want to always remember.  The little lines in the corners that deepen when he smiles, how they literally sparkle when he is up to no good, and how they seem to look right into my soul when he tells me he loves me. They are blue. Not like the ocean or the sky but a different, beautiful blue that is all his own. I want to see those eyes looking at me forever but I will take tonight since it is all we have.

You would think that we would have planned some spectacular night out on the town. Visiting our favorite places or seeing friends that he likely won’t see again for a very long time. But that is not our plan. Our plan is simple, to just be together.  To quietly take each other in, enjoy our time in this last moment.

As the minutes tick by the sun starts to lighten the predawn sky. I usually love the beauty of the sunrise but today it brings with it a heavy reality. This is our last sunrise together. In a few hours, he will be gone and I don’t know if he is coming back.  

There is so little time left for us to be together. We both know it. But for now, we aren’t going to talk about the time apart or the distance that will soon be between us.  We are going to enjoy this, our “right now”.  It’s only a moment and soon it will be gone, and so will he.

My challenge this week was from Disease at http://chamindra.blogspot.com/
You have found that perfect moment but feels like it's slipping away... But you want to hold on 
to it and enjoy it till it lasts. you can 
use the song "Hanging by the Moment" by Lifehouse for Inspiration :)

My challenge went to Sid @ http://blog.creativeshocker.com/


Category: 0 comments