Guilin at Night

I am in Guilin with Ralph, Chuck, and Mo and group of women who work at the Kennedy Center, Leslie, Sara, Nicole, and Dan. We all went to dinner tonight at "The Good Luck," which to me felt like the TGI Fridays of China, but came highly recommended by the concierge at the Sheraton. Our table had a lazy susan and we all ordered way too much food, but it was delicious. Pork, oysters, beef, noodles, rice, eggplant, tofu, fish. I have never been so full before on $6.

The women decided to go shopping, so Ralph and I walked around Guilin. The city at night is lit up with multicolored lights on buildings, trees, bridges, hills, and caves. The lights on the river make the area very romantic, too bad I was with Ralph.

People are on the river bank with bamboo boats that take you up and down the river during the day or night for very little money. We paid $6 for 30 minutes on the river with our guide, I will call him Chang, since he spoke no English.

After our tour, we went to a shop next to our hotel for massages. I got a $5, hour-long foot massage from "Charlene" who also wanted to come to my hotel to give me a "sexy oil massage."