Twin Pagodas

I don't know anything about the purpose or history of these pagodas in Guilin, I just thought that they looked cool at night.

According to one sign, the copper pagoda is the "largest copper pagoda in China with a working elevator." It made me think there might be a larger copper pagoda without a working elevator somewhere in China.

They are connected by an underwater tunnel and Ralph and I took the elevator to the top of the copper pagoda to see the entire city.

I am not sure if all pagodas are shrines to Buddha, but these appeared to be. Ralph and I both lit incense and bowed to Buddha like we saw them do at the Lama Temple in Beijing.

Ralph also rang a bell and beat this drum, and a Chinese person promptly appeared to request money for the privilege. I am not touching anything for fear I will be charged.