Knee Deep in China

I leave early Monday morning for my excursion to China. This will be my first trip to the continent of Asia, so that leaves Africa and Antarctica to cross off my list. I am flying over to Beijing solo, but am meeting Ralph, who has been traveling in Turkey and Russia and Dan who is already in China for a Kennedy Center event.

We are staying at The Peninsula Beijing, which is supposed to be swanky. We are sharing a room, because Dan is staying there for work. We decided to get a duplex suite and pay the difference so we would have more space to spread out, and because Ralph snores. Dan's friend Chuck will join us later in the week.

I can not wait to see the Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and all of the funny signs that they have translated horribly into English. I am sure that I will want to see more, but I never do any research on a place until I arrive. It must be the explorer in me. All I know is that I will be constantly hungry.