Kenneth Does DC

I met Kenneth Walsh in 1989 on a DC public bus that was taking us from our horrible, roach-infested apartment building, The Woodner, to our internships on Capitol Hill. When I saw him, I thought to myself, "That Tom Cruise wanna be looks like he could be a lot of fun." We became fast friends, spending nearly all of our time in JR's and searching the city for free food at receptions and fundraisers. When our internships ended, I flew to Tempe to attend his college graduation, at which point the above picture was taken (I believe by a runaway named Shala who lived in Kenneth's sister's closet) in his parent's house.

After graduation and a couple moves, we both made our way back to DC for several years until Kenneth moved to New York City in 1998. Having not seen Kenneth since 1998, I was very excited to hear he was visiting DC this weekend with his boyfriend, Michael. We met up at our old stomping grounds, JR's, and talked for a couple of hours. It was nice to see that Kenneth had not changed a bit since I last saw him.
Category: 0 comments