National Garden

Corey and I decided to do something cultural today, so we started at the United States Botanic Garden and checked out the the diverse plants and flowers. This is a picture of the Native American Museum, which looks great from the outside, but disappoints on the inside from a hodge-podge collection of artifacts that don't tell a compelling story.

I was surprised to see a collection of Chihuly glass stuffed in a boat in the Botanic Garden. I first saw Chihuly's glass works in Venice and was surprised to learn that he was an American, based in Takoma, Washington. I have since visited his studio in Takoma which is a must if you are in the Seattle/Takoma area.

Once we got inside, I took this picture of Corey as a decoy to photograph the cutie walking behind him. From my previous posts you know that Corey is a history teacher, but he also has a gardening business on the side, so he was taking mental notes on plants he liked.

The Fuzzywuzzy Airplant was my favorite name for a plant, which Corey pointed out to me, as I was paying more attention to the cute guys.

This guy was not cute, but I could not stop staring because he was wearing black dress socks and dress shoes with shorts. I am no fashion plate, but even I know you don't do that.

Even with all the cute guys and fashion victims, I still managed to enjoy the beautiful plants and flowers at the Botanic Garden.