Gay Christmas & Watermelon

Tom and I walked along 14th Street today to shop our local merchants and tour the art galleries. One of my favorite things to see this time of year are the Christmas displays. Not because I enjoy them for their beauty or what they symbolize, but because I love to see gays gone gonzo for garland. The roulette wheel, although you can't tell from this picture, is actually spinning. I am really not sure what gambling has to do with Christmas, but the display is quite memorable.

Now this one is a bit more tasteful, and an obvious tribute to Audrey Hepburn's Breakfast at Tiffany's, but still I don't get the Christmas connection. Maybe this gay worships Audrey and therefore she represents what is holy about this time of year for him.

And this. We ran into this little gem hanging in the hallway of a second hand furniture store. The woman is painted on black velvet and is for sale for $125. I was floored when I saw the picture, but then saw that the owner of the store was black. Is it racist or art or both?
Category: 0 comments