SCREAMING SMOLDERING BUTT BITCHES


Last night I shot photos for a new Akron band called Screaming Smoldering Butt Bitches. My fave shot is the one on your left. You can find more on their MySpace page, which is linked above. It's a new page, so there's not a lot on it. But most of the photos I shot last night are there. I heard their rehearsal and predict great things for these bitches.

I'm done with Akron and the gigs with Zero Defex. I wrote a bit about that in my latest Suicide Girls article. A good time was had by all. We'll probably play again in Kent, Ohio on May 4th for part of the annual commemorations of the events at Kent State University on May 4, 1970. And if you don't know what happened at KSU on May 4, 1970 you ought to go edumacate yourself on an important event in American history.

I'm in Hamilton now visiting my very sick grandmother. I'm still planning to be back in Los Angeles for the monthly day long Zazen retreat at the Hill Street Center in Santa Monica this Saturday (November 17th). Fingers firmly crossed. I may end up running back to Ohio pretty soon thereafter. Nobody knows at this point.

Being back among all the drama and chaos of my Akron friends reminded me just how valuable Zazen practice can be. I love them all but damn it was an exhausting week.
Category: 0 comments