Another 40th Birthday Dinner

My financial advisor Derek (who was on Elimidate) and his fiance Melanie (who works for the Washington Redskins Cheerleaders) took Joe, Marcia, Kevin and me to Al Tiramisu for my birthday. It was one of the better meals I have had in DC for quite some time. The Chef, Luigi, created the 10-course menu with wine pairings and came out to explain each course and the wine.

This was our waiter who has worked there for 12 years. He had a great sense of humor and was quite good at keeping the wine coming. He is sitting between Joe and Derek.

When Chef Luigi brought out the 7th course, veal osso bucco, he gave a plate to Marcia, who does not eat red meat, and said, "You can eat this one, it is white meat." After the veal, we were stuffed and getting a bit drunk, so we skipped the final two courses and asked for dessert. Every single morsel of food that I ate was spectacular. It was a lot of fun and you can bet I will be going back again soon.
Category: 0 comments