Otto? Is That You?

Driving back to my temporary housing on Monday, April 7, at around 4:00 pm, the woman driving this bus nearly hit me twice, and was frequently swerving between the lanes on Florida Avenue without signaling. She was driving so fast that the bus looked like it might roll over as she drove recklessly between the lanes, nearly hitting several cars.

When I looked in the bus to see how the kids were reacting, I noticed that there were no kids, but an older lady, sitting in the middle of the bus. The first time the bus stopped to the side of me, I rolled down my window and said, "You are driving a DC Public School bus, you have to slow down and signal when changing lanes." She flipped me off. When I tried to take a picture of her, she would lurch forward. Finally, she got stopped behind me and I took this picture. She immediately ducked down behind the wheel so you are unable to see her in this picture.

I don't know who she is or what she was doing. To me, it looked like she was speeding to take her mother home before picking up the school kids and was running late. Or maybe she was just using a DC Public School bus for another purpose. Who knows? What I do know is that she should be fired and they should be monitoring these buses more carefully. She did not act like responsible enough to be driving a bus or any vehicle for that matter.
Category: 0 comments