Wakarusa to Bloomington

After visiting Aunt Helen, we went to Nelson's for the PTA's BBQ. Nelson's secret BBQ recipe is not patented because he would have to reveal what is in it for the patent, and he doesn't trust the government. The chicken is incredibly moist and it tastes really good. I still crave it, so I was glad I got to have some while I was home. But perhaps they should update their marketing materials a bit.

We then drove over to my parents house to say goodbye, and while we were in the kitchen, Mike noticed this notepad on my parents' refrigerator which had peas, corn, peas, corn, alternating and crossed out. He asked what it was for, and she explained that every Friday she makes pork roast and has either peas and corn with it. She likes to alternate weekly between the two, but never remembers which one they had the previous week. She developed this system as a foolproof way to avoid repeating the same vegetable week to week. It was at this point, that I knew it was time to hit the road from Bloomington.

One the drive down, all the boys fell asleep and Marcia stayed awake with me, talking the entire time, like she does with her father when they drive anywhere. We stopped to get gas in Peru (birthplace of Cole Porter) and Marcia bought some scratch off lottery tickets and won $50.

While driving through Kokomo, we came across this SUV that had rolled over. Given that I was driving a similar SUV, I decided to slow down a bit.